CMP Model Agency if t Read more [...]
DMT Business Services is the longest established independent work-based training provider in Cornwall.
DMT has been serving the businesses and communities of Cornwall for over 20 years, providing skills training and preparation for work and Apprenticeships for young people, adults and employers in a wide range of skills areas from preparatory to advanced level.
DMT works with a wide range of individuals and employers but we also focus on supporting those at a disadvantage in the labour market and small and medium businesses. As the economy begins to recover we are focused on helping people to develop skills employers require, find employment and complete Apprenticeships and on supporting employers to recruit young and unemployed people and further develop their skills through Apprenticeships and other training to meet business needs.
We are currently supporting take up of Apprenticeships by individuals and employers by:
• supporting employers who want to train their staff by helping them to access funding for training and delivering Apprenticeships and skills training in a wide range of skills areas;
• offering young and unemployed people the vocational skills and knowledge training they need to progress to employment and Apprenticeship training through Traineeships;
• through our social enterprise services, offering work experience and employment opportunities to give young people a start and supporting them to move on to other employers and complete an Apprenticeship;
• helping care sector employers to develop their staff as trainer/assessors so they can deliver Apprenticeship training in their workplace and get funded to do it.
DMT offers flexible programmes to meet employer requirements and individual needs, and seeks to enable trainees to complete as quickly as possible, given any minimum duration requirements.
DMT’s delivers high levels of success for its trainees and employers. The latest published rates on the FE Choices website are 89.6% for Intermediate Apprenticeships, 86% for Advanced Apprenticeships and 86% for Workplace Learning (for all ages and subjects).
Our October 2012 OFSTED Inspection found that DMT was a Good provider and delivered:
• Good and improving outcomes;
• Good development of employability, vocational, personal and social skills;
• Good progressions to further learning, employment or promotions;
• Good teaching, training and assessment, with strong vocational assessors;
• Good engagement with learners from disadvantaged backgrounds with multiple barriers to learning;
• Effective management of the provision with improved quality.
DMT works in partnership with Cornwall Community Action Network Ltd (CCAN), a social enterprise company, set up to help young people get into employment and improve their skills while providing affordable services for local communities. CCAN is targeted at helping young people who want to work and improve their skills but who are (or are at risk of being) not in education, employment or training, or who are otherwise at a disadvantage in the labour market. CCAN and DMT Business Services are working together to help young people get started in employment and develop skills that employers want and to support local employers to take on Apprentices and develop their skills further to meet business needs.